Select mutual fund or ETF for analysis. You can also choose the benchmark to compare the fund against.
Fund performance summary
|Portfolio||Initial Balance||Final Balance||CAGR||Stdev||Best Year||Worst Year||Max. Drawdown||Sharpe Ratio||Sortino Ratio||US Mkt Correlation|
|PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl||$10,000||$89,647 ||16.85% ||18.77%||52.60%||-33.13%||-50.85% ||0.89||1.37||0.86|
|Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF||$10,000||$40,005 ||10.35% ||16.12%||33.45%||-36.98%||-50.84% ||0.65||0.96||1.00|
|Name||Annualized Return||Annualized Volatility|
|3 Month||YTD||1 year||3 year||5 year||10 year||Full||3 year||5 year|
|PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl||0.62%||11.41%||27.33%||26.14%||21.59%||22.37%||16.85%||22.86%||18.76%|
|Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF||-0.03%||15.18%||32.16%||16.05%||16.88%||16.60%||10.35%||19.55%||15.73%|
|Trailing annualized return and volatility are for full months ending in September 2021 excluding portfolio cashflows.|
Notes on results:
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results, which may vary. All use is subject to terms of service.
- Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. The value of the investments and the income derived from them may fluctuate over time.
- All portfolio returns presented are hypothetical and backtested. Hypothetical returns do not reflect trading costs, transaction fees, or taxes.
- The results are based on information from a variety of sources we consider reliable, but we do not represent that the information is accurate or complete.
- The results do not constitute investment advice or recommendation, are provided solely for informational purposes, and are not an offer to buy or sell any securities.
- The results are based on the total return of assets and assume that all received dividends and distributions are reinvested.
- Fund fundamentals data as of 10/21/2021. (c) 2021 Morningstar. All Rights Reserved. The fund fundamentals information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information.
- Displayed expense ratio is the prospectus net expense ratio
- CAGR = Compound Annual Growth Rate
- Stdev = Annualized standard deviation of monthly returns
- Sharpe and Sortino ratios are calculated and annualized from monthly excess returns over risk free rate (3-month treasury bill)
- Stock market correlation is based on the correlation of monthly returns
- Drawdowns are calculated based on monthly returns
Up vs. Down Market Performance
PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl vs. Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
Up vs. Down Market Performance - PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl vs. Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
|Market Type||Occurrences||Average Active Return|
|Above Benchmark||Below Benchmark||Total||% Above Benchmark||Above Benchmark||Below Benchmark||Total|
Returns Based Style Analysis
Returns Based Style Analysis
|Style Category||PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl||Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF|
|Global ex-US Developed Markets||9.85%||0.15%|
|Style analysis is based on monthly returns from September 2007 to September 2021 and uses total portfolio return with monthly rebalancing. Returns based style analysis aims to explain the portfolio returns based on asset class exposures, it does not identify the actual portfolio holdings.|
Holdings Based Style Analysis for PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl
Holdings Based Style Analysis for Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
Equity Market Capitalization
PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl Returns
Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF Returns
Rolling returns summary
|Roll Period||PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration Instl||Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF|