Select mutual fund or ETF for analysis. You can also choose the benchmark to compare the fund against.
Fund performance summary
|Portfolio||Initial Balance||Final Balance||CAGR||Stdev||Best Year||Worst Year||Max. Drawdown||Sharpe Ratio||Sortino Ratio||US Mkt Correlation|
|Matthews China Dividend Investor||$10,000||$29,362 ||10.54% ||15.76%||37.69%||-14.44%||-24.98% ||0.68||1.01||0.65|
|iShares China Large-Cap ETF||$10,000||$13,080 ||2.53% ||20.75%||36.22%||-17.56%||-39.42% ||0.20||0.28||0.61|
|Name||3 Month||YTD||1 year||3 year||5 year||10 year||Full|
|Matthews China Dividend Investor||18.53%||13.99%||20.21%||9.53%||13.71%||10.35%||10.54%|
|iShares China Large-Cap ETF||13.52%||1.60%||15.42%||2.51%||6.95%||3.65%||2.53%|
|Trailing returns are for full months ending in August 2020 excluding portfolio cashflows.|
Notes on results:
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results, which may vary. All use is subject to terms of service.
- Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. The value of the investments and the income derived from them may fluctuate over time.
- All portfolio returns presented are hypothetical and backtested. Hypothetical returns do not reflect trading costs, transaction fees, or taxes.
- The results are based on information from a variety of sources we consider reliable, but we do not represent that the information is accurate or complete.
- The results do not constitute investment advice or recommendation, are provided solely for informational purposes, and are not an offer to buy or sell any securities.
- The results are based on the total return of assets and assume that all received dividends and distributions are reinvested.
- Fund fundamentals data as of 09/28/2020. (c) 2020 Morningstar. All Rights Reserved. The fund fundamentals information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information.
- Displayed expense ratio is the prospectus net expense ratio
- CAGR = Compound Annual Growth Rate
- Stdev = Annualized standard deviation of monthly returns
- Sharpe and Sortino ratios are calculated and annualized from monthly excess returns over risk free rate (3-month treasury bill)
- Stock market correlation is based on the correlation of monthly returns
- Drawdowns are calculated based on monthly returns
Up vs. Down Market Performance
Matthews China Dividend Investor vs. iShares China Large-Cap ETF
Up vs. Down Market Performance - Matthews China Dividend Investor vs. iShares China Large-Cap ETF
|Market Type||Occurrences||Average Active Return|
|Above Benchmark||Below Benchmark||Total||% Above Benchmark||Above Benchmark||Below Benchmark||Total|
Holdings Based Style Analysis for Matthews China Dividend Investor
Equity Market Capitalization
Holdings Based Style Analysis for iShares China Large-Cap ETF
Equity Market Capitalization
Matthews China Dividend Investor Returns
iShares China Large-Cap ETF Returns
Rolling returns summary
|Roll Period||Matthews China Dividend Investor||iShares China Large-Cap ETF|
|Result statistics are based on annualized rolling returns over full calendar year periods|